It never fails. The weather cools down, the leaves change colors, pumpkin spice everything is out, and we become more thankful for the things we have. Maybe. Or maybe it’s because of the holiday around the corner and, everywhere we go, we are reminded to “give thanks.” But what about out of season?
Pulse artist, Plumb, has been challenged for the next five days to write down five things she is thankful for. Second chances, her husband, and their three kids were on the first day’s list.
When I read this Facebook post, I was reminded of a book that I read recently, “A Thousand Gifts” by Ann Voskamp. In this book, the author highlights the idea of finding thankfulness in the ugly difficulties of life. For instance, getting a flat tire means that you have a car…and dirty dishes mean your family was fed. This concept has changed my perspective on thankfulness.
What great reminders to be thankful for everything that comes our way…no matter what time of year it is! So, what five things are you thankful for today?
The feeling that comes when waiting for a music video to come out can sometimes be overwhelming. Even more so, when you’re in it! Toby Mac has a new album dropping August 7 titled “This Is Not A Test.” One of his new songs, “Backseat Driver,” talks about letting God take the ‘wheel of your heart no matter where we roll’ and ‘Putting my trust in You’ even when ‘It’s a little bit overdue.’ This music video is fan driven! From babies to grandparents and everyone in between, fans from all over helped create this music video. Check it out here!
Here’s to fun in the summer sun – and recording some of the memories! Join us in our July 2015 Photo-A-Day Challenge!
Each day, post a photo that represents that day’s keyword. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, you name it… and be sure to make it a public post and hashtag #PhotoADay and #Pulse1017 so we can see you!
You can also download and post in our listening app to share exclusively with other Pulse listeners.
Here’s to the memories!
With “Fighter: Five Keys to Conquering Fear and Reaching Your Dreams”, Manafest hopes to give back.
Three months after leaving his job to pursue his dream of becoming an artist, he went flat-broke and wasn’t sure he had made the right choice. Now, 7 years later, he has sold over 200 thousand records, toured in many countries and has been nominated for several awards.
“A fighter isn’t someone who has never failed, a fighter is someone who never quits,” says Manafest.
Find out more information on the book “Fighter” here.
We know that eating out is not as healthy and also very expensive but with so many choices and such convenience, it can be very easy to give in to temptation!
When you give yourself a mental challenge of just eating out once per month, for example, it is so easy to break! Committing to an absolute goal makes it easier. Here are some great tips to help you meet this challenge with the fewest amount of hunger-induced, grumpy episodes!
- Plan the time of your trip according to nap and meal schedules. Be realistic about what can and can’t be done in the amount of time available to you between those times.
- Eat before you go. If you aren’t hungry, it’s much easier to not be tempted by the delicious smells of food (like popcorn at Target- that one gets us every time)!
- Bring a snack/lunch from home. If you want to be out for a while, plan ahead. Bring easy-to-grab foods like fruit, bags of dried cereal or granola bars.
- Leave on time. Mornings can slip away and creep into snack or lunch time so pack your bags ahead of time. Pack a lunch for work and make sure you bring enough.
- Remind yourself how the food is not as good for you and how you often feel after eating it.
- Hold yourself accountable to one another. It’s a two way streak of encouragement, and a great way to strengthen your relationship!
- Say no to social engagements. You don’t have to estrange yourself but instead invite friends over to your home or out for a picnic instead. Or, tell them you will catch up with them after dinner. Or, get together for something other than eating.
- Remind yourself how expensive it is to eat out.
- Leave your credit/debit cards and cash at home! You can’t eat out if you don’t have money. My hubs is the spender in the relationship so I often encourage this for him. 😉
Are you up for the challenge?!
Thanks to What’s Up Fagans for these great tips! See the full post here.
Join us for a free concert with Pulse artist OBB – and stay after the show to meet the band and snap a selfie with the guys!
Thursday, June 18th at 7PM
The Pulse Studios at Fox Creek
33365 335th Street, Waukee
Questions? Email email@example.com
RSVP to our Facebook event and invite your friends!
You’ve got a chance to win a free download of the Young & Free “This Is Living” EP. And when you win, you also get to send a Young & Free surprise pack to a friend! They’ll get the same free download, PLUS an iPod Shuffle, Bluetooth Speaker and other fun party supplies!
To enter, simply complete the new Music Advisory Team survey before 11:59PM on May 31, 2015. Click here to log in or set up your profile!