Planning a family vacation this spring/summer? Here are a handful of my favorite ideas on ways to save when traveling as a family from this post (thanks, Penny Pinchin’ Mom!):
“Hotels with free breakfast!” – Jana K.
“Travel at night so they sleep and don’t need to eat. Also we pack snack boxes and a cooler with drinks.” – Amy R.
“Crock pot meals in the hotel room and eat by the pool instead of going out to dinner!!” – Gina M.
“Look up the community on Facebook and reach out for suggestions from local parents on where to go for fun, inexpensive (or even free) activities for kids.” – Jill T.
“Rent a house/condo from VRBO or homeway instead of hotel rooms. They are cheaper and you can cook two meals a day, which saves a bunch.” – Stephanie B.
“Plan ahead. Spur of the moment trips always cost more.” – Kristi S.
“I pack a cooler with drinks, snacks, cold cuts and bread to save time and money for those random hunger moments that cost you an arm and a leg at the gas station convenience store.
I research nearby restaurants to the hotel and look for coupons or promos that will save us some money on our vacation dining.
Summer is coming! We’ve got some fun things for you to consider as you plan your time. Swing by one Friday in May to put a Pulse window sticker on your car and sign up to win cool prizes. Make time to join us and enjoy your favorite Pulse artists on stage. And check out our free community calendar to see what else is going on around town!
MAY STICKER STOPS!
Help us get the word out about the new frequency – put a Pulse 101.7FM window sticker on your car!
Friday, May 15th from 3-5:30PM
with Jim Manderfield @Iowa Realty
at the corner of Valley West Drive and EP True
Put a sticker on your car and sign up to win a $100 Scheel’s gift card!
Friday, May 22nd from 11AM-1PM @Blue Tomato Kitchen
at the southwest corner of 63rd and Grand
Stop by for a sticker, a free bite to eat and sign up to win a Young & Free prize pack!
Friday, May 29th from 11AM-1PM @BMW of Des Moines
at the corner of 100th and Hickman in Urbandale
Stop by for a sticker and sign up to win the use of a BMW i3 for a weekend!
CONNECTION MUSIC FESTIVAL
Saturday, June 6th
Building 429, I Am They, About A Mile and more!
Click here for details.
OBB Live at the Pulse 101.7FM Studio
FREE SHOW! Details TBA…
Thursday-Saturday, July 16-18
NEW LOCATION: Sommerset, WI just outside the Twin Cities!
Dozens of Pulse artists, camping, food and fun
Click here for details.
So I found a new blogger, The Penny Hoarder, and I am so happy that I did! Such great tips… and a bunch of them were new to me (and I consider myself quite the frugal gal)! Here are 7 ways to save without cutting back:
- Go Out to Dinner, But Pay Less Than Half the Bill – Everyone knows about Groupon but, if you’re just using groupon, you’re losing out on cash! SendEarnings.com will give you cash rebates on every Groupon that you buy through their site.
- Say Goodbye to Your Bank – The top 10 banks in the US charge an average of $7.50 /month. Online banks have lower overhead costs and are able to pass along the savings. Check out Synchrony Bank or Ally Bank.
- Get Cashback on Groceries - Check out the Ibotta app – earn cash rebates on grocery purchases just by taking a picture of your receipt with your smartphone!
- Get Your Cell Phone for Free - The average household pays around $102/month in cell phone bills! Switch to a free carrier like FreedomPop. They offer free talk, text, and 4G data. You can either purchase an outdated phone from them or use your own Sprint-supported smartphone. There is a cap on the usage and faster speeds are available for an extra cost.
- Free Internet?! - Don’t worry, you don’t even have to cancel your current plan! Share some data about things like how long you’re spending on Facebook and these 3 companies will help pay for your internet: Media Insiders Panel, Nielsen Digital Voice, and Savvy Connect.
- Save BIG on Travel – Leverage your credit cards to earn airline miles. Don’t have a credit card? No problem! You can even earn free miles by taking surveys, shopping online, etc. Find out more here.
- Get Paid to Shop – Use cash-back shopping sites like Ebates to get up to 25% cash back!
Find the full article here.
With the switch to Pulse 101.7FM, we want to see God touch even more lives through the music and message of our station. Help us get the word out as we work to reach MORE EARS in central Iowa this summer!
Billboards, online marketing, increased CityStops and community presence… we’re ready to roll, but we can’t do it without you!
Our goal is $20,000 raised through this campaign, and we’re already more than halfway there!
Support the Pulse mission.
Click here to make your gift of $25, $50 or $101.70 to help us reach out to our community like never before. You can even sign up to set your own fundraising goal and share with friends and family!
THANK YOU for making Pulse 101.7FM possible.
I came across this great article from Living Well Spending Less with 17 different apps to help you save money. A number of them were ones that I already use and love so I decided to make sure you’re using them too! Here are a few of my favorites:
- Ibotta – an app that offers cash rewards for items you are already buying at the grocery store! All you do is take a photo of your receipt and upload it to the app.
- Target Cartwheel App – if you shop at Target this is a must have! It’s so easy to use and the savings really add up.
- Shop Saavy – you scan the barcode on an item at the store and the app will tell you if it’s available cheaper online!
- Gas Buddy – this one uses a satellite locator to find the closest gas stations with the lowest prices!
- Viggle – earn points for watching television… this is a no-brainer if you’re already doing that You can earn gift cards and other prizes.
- There were a number of suggested apps for helping you to organize your finances but I recommend Dave Ramsey’s new app, EveryDollar.
Want to put one of these cool new window stickers on your car? Swing by one of our STICKER STOPS this week! We’ll apply it for you and give you some free stuff to thank you for promoting Pulse music in our community!
Tuesday, April 21st, 3-5PM at The Webb Allstate Agency
Just south of I-235 on 50th Street in West Des Moines. Put a window sticker on your car and sign up to win a $100 iTunes gift card!
Wednesday, April 22nd, 6:30-9:30AM at Chick-Fil-A
Mills Civic location. Put a window sticker on your car and receive a free 3pc chicken mini breakfast!
Thursday, April 23rd, 3-5PM at Orange Leaf
Mills Civic location. Put a window sticker on your car and receive one FREE cup of frozen yogurt!
Can’t make it, but still want a new sticker? Email your name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org!