Having a family Bible gathering dust on a bookshelf is not a very good way to mature in faith. One of the more common complaints I hear from my fellow Christian friends is that they “don’t read the Bible enough”. This is a situation most of us can relate to. Oftentimes, it is simply because sometimes the Bible can seem difficult to interpret or understand without guidance from a pastor, minister, teacher, etc.
Study Bibles offer an in depth look into the Scriptures and most offer questions for critical thinking, to help better absorb what you are reading. You’d be surprised the difference a good Study Bible would make in your life. They are so easy to understand and helpful for large and small groups as well!
Twila from Healing Touch Book and Bible provided us with a list of the Top 10 Study and Specialty Bibles:
1. Personal Size Giant Print Reference Bible (KJV) – Hendrickson
2. Life Application Study Bible (NIV) – Zondervan
3. Giant Print Reference Bible Personal Size (KJV) – Zondervan
4. Study Bible (NIV) – Zondevan
5. Study Bible (ESV) – Crossway
6. Study Bible (KJV) – Thomas Nelson
7. Study Bible (KJV) – Barbour
8. Personal Size Giant Print Reference Bible (NKJ) – Thomas Nelson
9. Quest Study Bible (NIV) – Zondervan
10. Life Application Study Bible (NLT) – Tyndale
You can find any and all of these Study Bibles (and more) at Healing Touch Book and Bible. If you need help deciding which Study Bible is best for your needs, ask Twila or one of the helpful staff members. Located in Altoona on 8th Street right next to the Sugar Shack.