When you give yourself a mental challenge of just eating out once per month, for example, it is so easy to break! Committing to an absolute goal makes it easier. Here are some great tips to help you meet this challenge with the fewest amount of hunger-induced, grumpy episodes!
- Plan the time of your trip according to nap and meal schedules. Be realistic about what can and can’t be done in the amount of time available to you between those times.
- Eat before you go. If you aren’t hungry, it’s much easier to not be tempted by the delicious smells of food (like popcorn at Target- that one gets us every time)!
- Bring a snack/lunch from home. If you want to be out for a while, plan ahead. Bring easy-to-grab foods like fruit, bags of dried cereal or granola bars.
- Leave on time. Mornings can slip away and creep into snack or lunch time so pack your bags ahead of time. Pack a lunch for work and make sure you bring enough.
- Remind yourself how the food is not as good for you and how you often feel after eating it.
- Hold yourself accountable to one another. It’s a two way streak of encouragement, and a great way to strengthen your relationship!
- Say no to social engagements. You don’t have to estrange yourself but instead invite friends over to your home or out for a picnic instead. Or, tell them you will catch up with them after dinner. Or, get together for something other than eating.
- Remind yourself how expensive it is to eat out.
- Leave your credit/debit cards and cash at home! You can’t eat out if you don’t have money. My hubs is the spender in the relationship so I often encourage this for him. 😉
Are you up for the challenge?!