So I found a new blogger, The Penny Hoarder, and I am so happy that I did! Such great tips… and a bunch of them were new to me (and I consider myself quite the frugal gal)! Here are 7 ways to save without cutting back:
- Go Out to Dinner, But Pay Less Than Half the Bill – Everyone knows about Groupon but, if you’re just using groupon, you’re losing out on cash! SendEarnings.com will give you cash rebates on every Groupon that you buy through their site.
- Say Goodbye to Your Bank – The top 10 banks in the US charge an average of $7.50 /month. Online banks have lower overhead costs and are able to pass along the savings. Check out Synchrony Bank or Ally Bank.
- Get Cashback on Groceries – Check out the Ibotta app – earn cash rebates on grocery purchases just by taking a picture of your receipt with your smartphone!
- Get Your Cell Phone for Free – The average household pays around $102/month in cell phone bills! Switch to a free carrier like FreedomPop. They offer free talk, text, and 4G data. You can either purchase an outdated phone from them or use your own Sprint-supported smartphone. There is a cap on the usage and faster speeds are available for an extra cost.
- Free Internet?! – Don’t worry, you don’t even have to cancel your current plan! Share some data about things like how long you’re spending on Facebook and these 3 companies will help pay for your internet: Media Insiders Panel, Nielsen Digital Voice, and Savvy Connect.
- Save BIG on Travel – Leverage your credit cards to earn airline miles. Don’t have a credit card? No problem! You can even earn free miles by taking surveys, shopping online, etc. Find out more here.
- Get Paid to Shop – Use cash-back shopping sites like Ebates to get up to 25% cash back!
Find the full article here.