So I found a new blogger, The Penny Hoarder, and I am so happy that I did! Such great tips… and a bunch of them were new to me (and I consider myself quite the frugal gal)! Here are 7 ways to save without cutting back:
- Go Out to Dinner, But Pay Less Than Half the Bill – Everyone knows about Groupon but, if you’re just using groupon, you’re losing out on cash! SendEarnings.com will give you cash rebates on every Groupon that you buy through their site.
- Say Goodbye to Your Bank – The top 10 banks in the US charge an average of $7.50 /month. Online banks have lower overhead costs and are able to pass along the savings. Check out Synchrony Bank or Ally Bank.
- Get Cashback on Groceries – Check out the Ibotta app – earn cash rebates on grocery purchases just by taking a picture of your receipt with your smartphone!
- Get Your Cell Phone for Free – The average household pays around $102/month in cell phone bills! Switch to a free carrier like FreedomPop. They offer free talk, text, and 4G data. You can either purchase an outdated phone from them or use your own Sprint-supported smartphone. There is a cap on the usage and faster speeds are available for an extra cost.
- Free Internet?! – Don’t worry, you don’t even have to cancel your current plan! Share some data about things like how long you’re spending on Facebook and these 3 companies will help pay for your internet: Media Insiders Panel, Nielsen Digital Voice, and Savvy Connect.
- Save BIG on Travel – Leverage your credit cards to earn airline miles. Don’t have a credit card? No problem! You can even earn free miles by taking surveys, shopping online, etc. Find out more here.
- Get Paid to Shop – Use cash-back shopping sites like Ebates to get up to 25% cash back!
Find the full article here.
I came across this great article from Living Well Spending Less with 17 different apps to help you save money. A number of them were ones that I already use and love so I decided to make sure you’re using them too! Here are a few of my favorites:
- Ibotta – an app that offers cash rewards for items you are already buying at the grocery store! All you do is take a photo of your receipt and upload it to the app.
- Target Cartwheel App – if you shop at Target this is a must have! It’s so easy to use and the savings really add up.
- Shop Saavy – you scan the barcode on an item at the store and the app will tell you if it’s available cheaper online!
- Gas Buddy – this one uses a satellite locator to find the closest gas stations with the lowest prices!
- Viggle – earn points for watching television… this is a no-brainer if you’re already doing that 😉 You can earn gift cards and other prizes.
- There were a number of suggested apps for helping you to organize your finances but I recommend Dave Ramsey’s new app, EveryDollar.